This privacy notice informs you of how Park Hall Veterinary Clinic will collect and process your personal data if you register as a client, purchase our services and products and use our website.
Park Hall Veterinary Clinic was established in 1978. We are a mixed practice treating horses,cats, dogs, rabbits, farm animals and small companions.
The Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (RCVS) regulates all veterinary practices in the UK. The team at Park Hall Veterinary Clinic are proud that we have achieved the RCVS Accredited Practice status.
Who To Contact Regarding Clients Personal Data
Whilst we do not need a Data Protection Officer, we take privacy seriously. The practice looks after data protection and if clients have any queries regarding this privacy notice and how we at Park Hall Veterinary Clinic use client’s data please contact the practice directly at [email protected] or 01623620784
The Personal Data We Collect And Process
There are four ways in which Park Hall Veterinary Clinic processes the personal data that clients provide to us. We endeavour to ensure that this information will be kept accurate and up to date and will not keep it for any longer than is necessary.
To Administer Your Client Account
To be able to provide our services effectively we need to collect and process the following personal data when you register as a client.
Personal Data Type – How The Data Is Collected
First Name, Last Name – As part of registration to become a Client
Address – As part of registration to become a Client
Phone Numbers (Including Mobile) – As part of registration to become a Client
Email Address – As part of registration to become a Client
This personal data will be used to provide the following services and purposes: –
* To administer clients accounts and provide products and services that clients have requested from us, such as invoicing, calling to change an appointment and to keep records for legal and accounting purposes.
* If clients have pet insurance and wish to make a claim, Park Hall Veterinary Clinic will pass on your animal’s clinical history along with client’s names and addresses to the relevant Insurance company to allow them to process claims.
* If client’s pets are sent for cremation, Park Hall Veterinary Clinic will pass on client’s animal name, client’s name and client address to Pet Cremation Services.
* If we take a blood or laboratory samples from client’s pets, we will send the samples to our external suppliers and provide the clients surname and address purely for identification purposes.
* If clients have been referred or clients are from another practice, we will need to send information to clients own practice about their pet when they have been seen.
To Send Marketing Communications
We send all our clients the below marketing communications: –
* Reminders for vaccinations.
* Top tips and health checks that can be self-administered.
* Promotions and the latest product offers.
Clients can find these communications invaluable in administering care to their pets. They are only sent to clients and referring vets who can opt-out at any time and the personal data that we process for these communications are first name, surname and address.
Clients will be asked for consent upon registration with the practice and we will refresh client’s consent on a regular basis.
If clients wish to opt out of any of these communications, they can please drop into the surgery and speak to one of our Receptionists to sign a GDPR Opt Out Form.
To Share With Veterinary Related 3rd Parties WITH Client’s Consent
There will be occasions where we will ask for clients consent to share their personal data with a 3rd party:
* Should clients wish to move to an alternative surgery, we will provide the pets clinical history with the client’s name and address to the new vets before closing the account if requested.
* If a pet should need to be referred to a specialist veterinary surgeon, they will be provided with the animal’s clinical history with the clients name and address to enable referral appointments to be confirmed.
* Micro-Chipping of dogs is a legal requirement and Park Hall Veterinary Clinic will share client’s personal data, name, address, email and contact numbers with the chip provider should clients wish to chip their pets.
* If clients wish to purchase a dog/cat tag, we will provide clients names and contact number for the engraving to the dog tag supplier.
Park Hall Veterinary Clinic will not pass on any personal data to any third parties without consent unless the law requires us to do so. We do not provide any personal data to the suppliers of medicines we use, or the care products we sell.
When Clients Use Our Website www.parkhallvets.com
We provide registration links on our website and collect users’ personal information to enable us to register clients with us. Once a registration request has been dealt with the data is deleted in line with our procedures.
Disclosure Of Personal Data To Our Service Providers
We may have to pass clients personal data to the service providers who are contracted to Park Hall Veterinary Clinic during dealing with clients. They act as a data processor and are obliged under contract to keep details secure and can only use them to fulfil the services that they provide for us. When client’s details are no longer needed, they are disposed of in line with our procedures.
How Long Do We Process Data For?
Park Hall Veterinary Clinic is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes and to comply with HMRC and RCVS.
To comply with our professional liability insurance, we securely keep past clients records for a minimum of seven years. This includes full name, address, email and telephone numbers including mobiles, but excludes bank account details.
Clients Rights As A Data Subject
While we are in possession of personal data, the data subjects have the following rights:
Right of access – the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about clients.
If we do hold any information about clients, we will: –
* Give a description of what we are holding.
* Tell clients why we are holding it
* Tell clients who it could be disclosed to
* Let clients have a copy of the information in an intelligible form.
Proof of identity in the form of a current Passport or driving licence will be required if any data is required.
Right of rectification – clients have a right to correct data that Park Hall Veterinary Clinic holds about them if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
Right to be forgotten – clients can ask in certain circumstances for the data we hold to be erased from our records.
Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply, clients have a right to restrict the processing.
Right of portability – clients have the right to transfer the data we hold to another organisation.
Right to object – clients have the right to object to certain types of process such as direct marketing.
Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – clients also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
Right to judicial review – if Park Hall Veterinary Clinic refuses client’s requests under rights of access, we will provide clients with the reason. Clients have the right to complain as outlined below.
Processing of our client’s data is taken very seriously. If there are any concerns, please contact the practice at. [email protected] or 01623620784
If clients are still unhappy with how their data is being processed, they have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the Information Commissioners Office or by calling 0303 123 1113