Last updated September 14, 2023
This privacy notice explains how Park Hall Veterinary Clinic Ltd will collect and process your personal data if you choose to register as a client, purchase our services and products and use our website / social media pages.
Practice Contact Details
Park Hall Veterinary Clinic Ltd
Park Hall Stables
Off Park Hall Road
Telephone: 01623 620784
Email: [email protected]
Proprietor: Margaret J Wharmby MRCVS
Practice Manager: Sarah Winstone RVN
We are a mixed practice in Nottinghamshire, offering veterinary care to companion animals (dogs, cats, rabbit, guinea pigs, ferrets and rodents), equines (horses and donkeys) and farm animals (cattle, sheep, goats, pigs and backyard poultry). We offer consultations, visits, diagnostic procedures and surgical / medical treatment.
Contacting us regarding your personal data
We take client privacy very seriously. If you have any questions about this privacy notice and how Park Hall Veterinary Clinic Ltd collects and uses your data please contact our Practice Manager by email at [email protected] or via telephone on 01623 620784.
There are four main ways in which Park Hall Veterinary Clinic Ltd process the personal data you provide. We endeavour to ensure that this information will be kept accurate and up-to-date and will not keep it any longer than is necessary.
1) To administer your account as a practice client In order to provide an effective service and ensure the best possible care for your animal(s) we need collect and process the following personal data when we register you as a client:
• First Name & Last Name
• Postal Address (and Alternative Address if you are an equine / farm client where animals are kept at a separate location)
• Telephone Number(s)
• Email address
This personal data will be used for the following services and purposes:
• To administer your account and provide the products and services you have requested from us. For example: calling to change an appointment, sending invoices (where applicable) and to keep a record for legal and accounting purposes.
• To inform you by email or telephone (including text messages) of service information about the practice. For example, seasonal opening times, changes to out-of-hours availability etc.
• If you have pet / equine insurance and you wish to make a claim, we will pass on your animal’s clinical history with your name, address, contact telephone number(s) and email address to your insurance company to all them to process your claim.
• If we take a bodily fluid (e.g. blood / urine) or tissue sample (e.g. from a mass) from your animal we will send the sample(s) to an external laboratory and will provide your surname and address for identification purposes only.
2) To send you marketing communications as a practice client.
We may send all of our registered clients the following marketing communications, where
• Reminders for vaccinations and administering preventative healthcare treatments
• Promotions and the lastest related product offers
• New information on animal health and welfare, including newsletters
Most of our clients find these communications useful in administering care to their animals and to keep up to date with what is going on in the practice. These communications are only sent to existing clients who can opt-out at any time by contacting reception on 01623 620784 or talking to us in person at the practice and/or on visits.
The personal data that we process for these communications is the first name, surname, email address and mobile phone number.
3) To share with veterinary related THIRD parties WITH your consent
There will be occasions where we will need to ask for your consent to share your personal data with a 3rd party, for instance:
• If you would like your animal to be referred to a specialist veterinary surgeon / referral hospital, we will provide them with your animal’s clinical history with your name and address, phone numbers and email address to enable them to organise your referral appointment and onward care.
• Should you wish to move to an alternative veterinary surgery, you must inform them that your animal(s) have previously been under our care and they should request a clinical history from us BEFORE seeing you and your animal(s). With your permission, we will provide your animal’s clinical history with your name, address, telephone number(s) and email address to your new vets before closing your account.
Park Hall Veterinary Clinic Ltd will not pass on your personal data to any THIRD parties without your consent unless the law or our professional obligation requires us to do so. We do not provide any personal data to the suppliers of the medicines we administer or pet care products we sell.
4) When you use our www.parkhallvets.com website When someone visits www.parkhallvets.com we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things like the number of visitors to various parts of the website. This information is processed in a way which does not identify anyone.
Park Hall Vets Ltd use a third party service to help maintain the security and performance of our website. To deliver this service it processes the IP addresses (a number to each of your devices connected to the internet by your broadband provider) of visitors to www.parkhallvets.com
5) Recording images and voice CCTV – We use CCTV at the practice – for safety and security and monitoring purposes. Where we do so there are signs displayed to indicate that CCTV recording is taking place. We have the correct licence to be able to do this. Recordings are destroyed after 30 days unless specifically kept as a result of an incident. Recordings are encrypted and password protected.
Disclosure of personal data to our service providers.
We may have to pass clients personal data to the service providers who are contracted to Park Hall
Vets Ltd in the course of dealing with you. They act as a data processor and are obliged under Contract to keep details secure and can only use them to fulfil the services that they provide for us.
When the client’s details are no longer needed, they are disposed of in line with our procedures.
How long do we process data for?
Park Hall Vets Ltd is required to retain information in accordance with the law, such as information needed for income tax and audit purposes and to comply the HMRC and RCVS.
To comply with our professional liability insurance, we securely keep past clients records for a minimum of seven years. This includes full name, address, email and telephone numbers including mobiles, but excludes bank account details.
Your rights as a data subject.
While we are in possession of personal data, the data subjects have the following rights:
Right of Access – you have the right to a request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
You can do that by contacting us on 01623620784. If we do hold information about you we will:
• give you a description of;
• tell you why we are holding it
• tell you who it could be disclosed to; and
• let you have a copy of the information in an intelligible form
Please note that you will have to provide proof of identity – a current passport or driving licence.
Right of rectification – clients have a right to correct data that Park Hall Vets Ltd holds about them if
it is inaccurate or incomplete.
Right to be forgotten – clients can ask in certain circumstances for the data we hold to be erased
from our records.
Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply, clients have a right to restrict the
Right of portability – clients have the right to transfer the data we hold to another organisation.
Right to object – clients have the right to object to certain types of process such as direct marketing. Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – clients also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
Right to judicial review – if Park Hall Vets Ltd refuses client’s requests under rights of access, we will provide clients with the reason. Clients have the right to complain as outlined below.
We take the processing of your personal data very seriously and are here to help with any concerns
you may have. Please do contact the us at [email protected] or 01623 620784.
If you are still not happy with how your personal data is being processed by Park Hall Vets Ltd or
how your complaint has been handled, you also have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the
Information Commissioners Office at https://ico.org.uk/concerns or by calling 0303 123 1113.